Monday, July 28, 2014

the reunion






Dress: Alexander McQueen (a few seasons old, similar style here); Shoes: Valentino; Clutch: Vintage; Sunglasses: Target; Watch: Daniel Wellington; Bracelet: Gorjana; Ring: Jennifer Zeuner

As I mentioned last week, I headed back home to Reno this weekend for my 10 year high school reunion (10 years -- I still can't wrap my head around that!). While I really had no idea what to expect for the evening, I did know I was dying to wear this pearl embellished, fits-like-a-glove McQueen dress I recently picked up on sale at Jeremy's a few weeks back. Combined with a little stud action on the shoes, I felt very me in a slightly demure meets edgy kind of way. 

As for the reunion? It's funny, so many different scenes featuring a certain Romy and a certain Michele played out in my head while driving into town. Maybe everyone will hang out in cliques? Maybe unrequited crushes will have a second chance? Maybe someone actually did invent Post Its (or the figurative equivalent). But really, it wasn't quite like any of that at all -- and I mean that in the best way possible. It was great catching up with so many old friends, teammates, confidants, and yes, perhaps an old crush or two, and seeing where the last ten years have taken them. While so much has changed, in a weird way, it felt like we kind of picked up where we left off. 

Although, yes, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was slightly disappointed there weren't any dance numbers quite like this. Maybe at the 20 year reunion? ;)

33 comments:

  1. Love the white ensemble and the pearls details is gorgeous ;)

    xoxo
    Stella

    www.jadore-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that dress is just darling, and I am so in love with your shoes!

      http://www.MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/
      M A R T A …Last Day In Paris

      Delete
  2. lovely dress Krystal, is both classy and chic !
    XX LUBA

    WHITE SHORTS SUMMERY LOOK, TODAY ON

    HTTP://WELL-LIVING-BLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning!!

    www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous dress! And how fun to catch up with old friends. Glad the reunion went well!

    http://sometimesgracefully.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pearls look gorgeous! And yes, sometimes it's hard to believe that time passes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the look of your white dress with the bright flowers behind you!!

    www.andrea-clare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet you were the best dressed :) LOVE this dress. The pearls on it is perfect!

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this reminds me that soon I'll have my 10 years reunion too. You look so gorgeous in this outfit.

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome look ;]


    xoxo i invite to me too

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the silhouette of this dress! It's stunning on you! I'm glad you had a good time at the reunion - can't believe mine will be on the horizon soon!

    x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Killer dress. Fits you like a glove. So beautiful and elegant. Hope you had a great reunion.

    http://www.eyelikefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely gorgeous in this dress!! Very flattering shape. And your hair looks lovely like that!

    http://margauxshopsforyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful shape to that dress! also, perfect hair length!
    www.formemag.com
    www.fashioniceice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous dress on you! Love the stud detail :)

    Glad you had fun at the reunion!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dress is so beautiful, especially the pearl detailing. x

    Nerve Wires

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress is perfect!! I love the pearl details!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like we wore the same silhouette for our 10 year HS reunions. Such a perfect shape creating go-to!

    Hope you had a blast!

    xo
    Lacey
    http://alaceyperspective.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dress is gorgeous! Can't go wrong with that shape - or the rockstuds :)

    Emily, The Glam Files

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fabulous! That dress is to die for! I adore the pearls! …your straight hairstyle looks fantastic.
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The shape of the dress is gorgeous, I'm especially loving the pearl embellishments. Ah I can't wait for my high school reunion!
    Nidhi
    An Unblurred Lady

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a Gorgeous dress Crystal ! Shape of dress is really fashion forward..

    MBT Shoes UK mbtoutletuk.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. so chic! love the dress!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO glad you loved your reunion. Ours is in two weeks and I am quite excited... now, to figure out what to wear.

    xx,
    Sara
    Style for the Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic dress! I'm not sure what I love more.. the pearl embellishment, the colour, or the mermaid flair hem!

    xjole.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. The place where you took the pics is so beautiful! As the LWD with pearls and peplum! Perfection!

    Isabel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty dress.

    http://adaywithoutyesterday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. That dress is perfection

    Xo,
    Dallastyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics